Sunday, December 30, 2012

Last big construction project is done!

My goal for 2012 was to finish all major construction projects on my house.  I'm happy to report that the final project was completed the last week of December.  Now I can finally relax and begin to enjoy my new home.

The last phase of construction made my home more energy-efficient, replacing two doors to the garage, replacing single-pane windows in the living room, master bath, and quilt studio, and installing a programmable thermostat.

Living room windows.



Quilt studio windows. Once I get the construction dust cleaned up, I can put up some wall quilts downstairs.



Rain glass window in my bathroom.


One of my new doors to the garage. The old doors had spaces between the frames and doors letting in the freezing air.  I'm so happy that my downstairs is warmer now!



I also had the finishing touches added to the newly-painted guest bathroom - new white lights and a new sink faucet. Much more pleasant for guests now!


Time to think about goals and New Year's resolutions for 2013.  What are your plans for the New Year?

1 comment:

  1. Very, very nice, Ruth.
    All your choices have been attactive & sound.Your nest is so invitng.
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete